Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Georgie- Gym Nemesis - dispatched!!

Well it's good to be able to pass some good news on - particularly on a Monday, my grumpiest day of the week...

A few months back when I first came back to London, you might have heard, or laughed at me as I grumped about a machine in the gym that became my absolute worst and most evil nemesis... It's a kind of ski/skate machine that requires you to semi-squat, and float your knees up at high speed whilst keeping your weight centred. Kind of like an elliptical, with down and outward pushing pedals that you address in a squat position. Annoying, agonising and exhausting!!

(For those interested its the SSTBodyGlide600 at this link http://www.weightlossjedi.com/5-cool-ski-trainers-to-improve-your-skills/

Just thought I must report tonight that for the first time, I lasted a 20 minute workout on this bloody thing! Finally, I think I might have got it - I heard two blokes behind me in the gym having a good laugh at my efforts (Sweat pouring off me, BRIGHT PINK FACE from effort) but I didn't care. What my ass looks like on this machine I can't even bear to think. I wish they would put it against the wall in our gym. But no, it has two rows of treadmills THEN two rows of ellipticals behind it.

Anyway - level 12 (of 25) I am a happy gym bunny tonight. That's all!! I so rarely have anything to be content with exercise wise - generally I underwhelm myself in the gym and come out thinking 'could have done better' so thought it might be nice to report something positive in the hibernating season!! Go forth people and conquer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment