Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Georgie 5 DETOX DIARY - Days 1 and 2

Ok so here we go with a 5 day detox programme. It's serious stuff this and I have to commit to it (so says the lady who organises it.)

So, this programme starts with a colonic irrigation. I love them. I don't have them very often, maybe once or twice a year but they really help with my weight, my digestion and give you a general feeling of good health. At the same time I pick up my juices. 5 a day, 4 veggy and 1 fruit per day. And a little pot of what can only be described as green sawdust. Eugh.

It's an alarmingly little amount of sustenance and I start to sweat when I realise how few calories I am supposed to be living on.
The juices are yummy actually - hints of cucumber, apple, celery, mint, lots of flavour and I feel quite contented by them.

Fast forward 14 hours to my final juice of the day and I have a TERRIBLE headache and am STARVING! This is torture!! Before we went to air with our last show of the night I got so lightheaded I thought I was going to faint which is when I realised - people who work, who burn calories, who actually have something better to do DON'T detox. Not like this anyway - I can't even climb the stairs to my apartment without getting so out of breath through shortness of calories!! WHOS IDEA WAS THIS??

I fall into bed in a dazed and hungry state, but when I woke up on day 2 - gosh I felt better. I spoke to the lady who designed this programme and she said it IS tough but it's worth having no caffeine, no dairy, wheat or processed foods just for a few days.

Fine. So I start day 2 with renewed optimism. I don't find the lack of a cup of tea in the morning a problem - I don't find anything a problem really until we get to after 8pm. Here I am sitting writing this and conscious that I am burning, possibly wasting calories typing. Calories I need to keep me alive! ha ha!! This is miserable!! By the evening, I am starving hungry, but it is the headache that is killing me. I have drunk 2 cups of peppermint tea, 3 cups of lemon and fresh ginger and a litre of water today but I feel like I have sun stroke! I am so lightheaded that I can't turn my head around too fast without getting dizzy. I KID YOU NOT!!

Why am I doing this? That's right - for your amusement and my waistline and general wellbeing. God wish me luck on getting through the next 3 days I will come back to you.

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment