Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ZAR - This year, I will mostly be loving....

It's amazing how something simple can taste so good. I am LOVING celery at the moment. I picked up some at the greengrocer's the other day for something different and I haven't looked back!! I eat alot of salad and it gives great crunch and taste to lucnh and dinner.

Not only is celery inexpensive, it is available all the time. As I said I use it in salads but it's also such a great veg to use as a base in soups and casseroles with carrot and onion.

Nutritionally, it is high in vitamin C, so is a natural immune booster. As well as this, it has a high content of silicone which benefits connective tissues and helps to renew joints.

It also contains high levels of potassium, Vitamin K, fibre and calcium.

It's also great for snacking because it's low in calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment