Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

ZAR - 1st yummy healthy recipe for you...

I'm having a couple of girlfriends over for supper on Fri eve, I want something healthy, but easy. I turn to Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite - I love this book. It has so many great healthy, easy ideas and employs the philosophy I love - simple, fresh and delicious. I'm going to make lamb kebabs and serve them with a salad.

For 4 people
500g lean lamb leg steaks (I'm using lamb fillet - you can ask your butcher to recommend a cut)
1 red capsicum (pepper)
1 yellow capsicum (pepper)
8 button mushrooms
8 cherry tomatoes

Herb Paste
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped/grated
1/2 tsp each dried oregano, mint, thyme, tarragon
1/4 tsp dried rosemary (I'm using fresh because I have some)
dash olive oil
salt and pepper

Cut the lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Combine all ingredients for herb paste in a bowl and mix in the lamb to coat. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight (or at least a few hours). You can also freeze the lamb at this point as I am doing. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for about half an hour. Cut the peppers in half and core and deseed. Cut into 2.5cm pieces. Thread skewers alternating with lamb and peppers and include 1 tomato and mushroom on each skewer. Preheat bbq or griddle pan. Cook skewers for 2-3 mins each side, leave to rest for a couple of mins and serve.

I'm making a salad with mixed leaves, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, green beans and fetta.

I'm also going to serve mini pavlovas with a mixture of cream and Greek yoghurt and mixed berries for after - yum-o!! A little bit of something naughty once in a while doesn't do anyone any harm......

Enjoy!!

ZAR x

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic girls! Loving this. I've only started reading it, so i'm going to have to back track a bit but well done and i'll sure be reading you blogs.

    Linda (of Litup Digital)

    ReplyDelete