Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Friday, February 5, 2010

ZAR - A little Sunday inspiration from down under....

I had a real moment this morning. I've been planning to run on Sat morn all week. It's very muggy here which is not conducive to running after work. Last night I set my alarm for 6am. During the night I was woken up by such heavy rain that I'd already decided "I'm not bloody running in that!" When my alarm went off, I switched it off and closed my eyes. 6.04 I got up and went for a run!! Unbelievable! I was shocked! My body needs it even though my brain was screaming NO!!!!! Even more surprising is that I managed to run 10km which is something I haven't done for at least 3 months. I feel amazing now and I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't run then today would have turned into a horror show of biscuits and ice-cream and feeling shit about myself!

Re. Rosie's last blog on regular healthy eating - I agree so much with the eating every 2-3 hour thing. That's what I have changed in the last 8 months or so and even though it was hard to getting used to eating so much food (so it seemed), my metabolism works so well now and I'm in such good habits that even when I miss a day or 2 of training it's not the train smash it used to be. Equally, I had the girls to supper last night (the lamb kebabs were a hit) and even after meringues, cream and then chocolates, I can get back into a rhythm much easier that I used to be able to.

Onwards and upwards people - get up and get on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment