Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ROSIE - Holidays!!

Okay, okay, so I’m way way behind on this one as probably a lot of you have already been on holiday this year. But yipppppeeee I haven’t and I’m going on Thursday!!! Nowhere exotic (holiday budget since arrival of child = £0), Cornwall, but still, it’s a holiday to me who hasn’t been away for 2 years (sad, I know).

But, needless to say, much as I LOVE holidays, I absolutely HATE the fact that there seems to be some devil pig which comes out in me the minute I set foot in the car. Sweets & a hot choccie at the garage on route? Well, it’s a 5 hour journey, I might need the energy. Various pre- and post- dinner drinks? Well of course, why not? 3 courses every night? But I deserve it, don’t I? Fish and chips at lunchtime? We are by the coast, the fish is really, really fresh….

All these ridiculous justifications I make to myself that I deserve all this really piggy food. And, of course, I will lie in, not exercise and generally slop around like a slug. I beat myself up about it because I have done it more times then I care to think about over the last 12 years.

So, this year I have several tricks up my sleeve. The first one is called Jack, my not so baby baby-boy who is travelling around at the rate of a thousand knots and who is not satisfied with staying still for more than 0.5 seconds. So lounging around is not really an option. The second; will-power. That old chestnut. It’s not that I DON’T deserve treats and a rest; of course, we all do, but I am NOT GOING TO OVER DO IT THIS YEAR. Otherwise I spend a lovely piggy week away.. and then the first 2 weeks that I get home beating myself up about how tight my jeans are; I may as well not go on flipping holiday in the first place.

So; have a rest, enjoy myself, take some exercise – there’s some lovely walks (and hills) in Cornwall, and we are taking the dog, after all, have some delicious healthy fish (not covered in batter and dipped in lard) and generally enjoy. A pound or so doesn’t hurt – half a stone bloody well does.

Will report on my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment