Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

GEORGIE - Gym Nemesis update...

Just a quickie about my new nemesis the 'paddle leg' machine in the gym.

I've been on this damn machine for two weeks now and it's working those wobbly bits out a treat!! However, during a session with a personal trainer and I asked him about it.... turns out - its a kind of hover machine. You know how on an elliptical machine or cross trainer you have your weight on the feet paddles and its like a running/cycling motion - the key to this machine is keeping your weight central and hovering, in a squat position, so that you are transferring your weight to the centre every time you bring your leg back in. The idea is that you move your legs so fast that your bottom and thighs become a blur and you 'waggle' your way through the session - like a kind of Caribbean shrug dance - and it's EXHAUSTING! IT'S LIKE DOING A PERMANENT SQUAT WHILST KEEPING YOUR WEIGHT OFF YOUR OUTSIDE LEG WHICH EVER LEG THAT IS!!

ARGHHHHHH

Thought you might find the idea of me getting to grips with a new piece of gym equipment quite funny - I really have a MILE to go before I am fit enough to look good on this one and I get sooo cross on it it's totally hilarious... I am that sweaty, crying, pink girl in the corner of the gym once more...

Happy workout week you peeps - get to it and go at it hard!!

Love G xx

No comments:

Post a Comment