Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GEORGIE - The 'hips and lips' thing...

This article caught my attention today - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1305853/Scientists-prove-moment-lips-does-mean-lifetime-hips-weight-gain.html

This one fascinates me. A group of young, slim healthy people asked to eat crappy food and exercise little for a month and they put on weight. The research then found that a few years later, those people tended to be heavier then a control set of people who didn't binge for a month. This basically proves my theory that you can never let your foot off the pedal for long in your quest to look your best. I know that the older I have got, the harder it has been to lose and keep weight off if I go on binges. Accepted I never go on month long binges but imagine the effects a bad break up could have on your future ability to lose or keep weight off? This basically says the more irresponsible you are, the harder it gets the older you are.

Just a footnote to add to this really interesting piece of information - something I still find hard to comprehend... the fact that when you put on weight, you do it by gaining extra fat cells - and they NEVER go away. I didn't know this until my old personal trainer told me in the US. When you 'lose' weight, you don't actually get rid of fat cells, they just shrink. They are still there, still waiting to pounce, or should I say bounce back when you let your guard down. (Explains why people who lose HUGE amounts of weight have to be SO disciplined in keeping it off). It just re-enforces that old Bingham Girls mantra that you have to work work work to get and keep yourself looking good. No easy way at it really!!

No comments:

Post a Comment