Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

GEORGIE - D Day and priorities!!

So D-day came a little earlier for me then expected when I got called into my new work (gulp) today. Holy Crap!! So we have not launched on the new channel I am working on - but we are rehearsing and it is as if it is all up and running. I do have another 6 days until we go live during which time I will be a health 'nun' to keep going on what I have started!

10 days then was all I got really to get myself up to scratch and I have to say that with the help of Mummy Bingham, it's been relatively pain free. I had forgotten how much better I feel when I cut down on Alcohol, bread and sugar and, as usual I am sad I didn't find this self discipline sooner.

Why do we always leave things until the last moment? Like revising for a full 20 hours before sitting an exam it seems pressure is the best and sometimes only way to get things done. Not necessarily the best I might add.

Human behaviour says that a sense of denial about a big event makes us put off thinking about it and when we do, panic spurs us into action. I wish it wasn't so, but even since school I've worked best under pressure and that's been the case throughout my career too. It is great however to be back under the pressure to look good and peform well and I am looking forward to that discipline and routine. The question I guess I should be asking myself is why I do this for television and not for myself generally?

I thought about this a lot today, and the answer, is simple. It's not all about TV. It is all about balance - and this applies to everything I do. I have to prioritise. Sometimes its about being work motivated, sometimes, I need to be more relaxed and concentrate on enjoying my friends and family (and food and drink).

As I head into this new chapter in my work life I hope to find a balance. and as you head into this new week I hope you can find balance in whatever is taking up your time and energy - be it needing to be more patient with someone, or finding time for yourself a little more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment