Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ZAR - My 10 favourite things

Some things just make my life better, different to some or even most people, it doesn't matter. The fact we're all different makes the world go around.

Coffee
No surprises here. Doesn't everyone's life revolve around getting their coffee in the morning? Once I open up I have my 2 skinny lattes and my day is set. Coffee is one of those things that is good for you but only in moderation (like most things). It's recommended that we have no more than 300mg caffeine per day. A small coffee has 50mg (1 shot espresso). I also love tea.

My bike
Now this is surprising. Until a year a go I hadn't ridden a bike in over 10 years after a spectacular fall. I ordered a new road bike yesterday and I'm excited about making cycling a major part of my keep fit regime.

Sleep
Doh! Who doesn't love this? I know how critical a good night's sleep is to have a high level of functioning the next day. My business depends on it. I know it's easy for me, I only have myself to worry about. I can only advise going to bed early and rising early to get the most out of the day.

Porridge
Oats are so good for you. Low GI so they keep you going for longer, it's the best start for you for the day. They are always on the "wonderfood" lists.

Skype
It's made such a difference being able to see and speak to family the otherside of the world. Made us all closer I think.

Music
Again would probably be on most people's list. Singing or whistling lifts the spirits.

ZarBar
I'm one of those privileged people who get to do what they love everyday. On ZarBar's 4th birthday recently, I realised that I love it even more now than I did 4 years ago. If you hate your job, it'll be enormously detrimental to your life and health. If you're in a position to do something about it, really take your courage in your hands and do it. It won't be easy but you're the only one who can change your life.

The Beach
Even though I live near to the beach, I don't spend that much time on the beach - I'm paranoid about my skin. I love the lifestyle of living by the beach, the smell and sound of the ocean and of course, swimming. There's really nothing like it and my life is all the better for it.

Me time
I'm pretty selfish in this regard and I can afford to be. I really need time to myself. Sunday's usually a day not to see people. I need to be rejuvenated for the week ahead. ZarBar is very social. I see hundreds of people everyday and catching up with them is a major part of it. When you have a family, it is of course near impossible to do that but try to do something for yourself each day. You'll be better for it.

Flirting
Again, I get to do this everyday. Not just with the lovely ZarBar customers but with anyone. Smiling, having fun and laughing with people makes everyone feel good. Smile or wink at someone who walks past you. Chat to someone you wouldn't normally. You'll be amazed

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I love oats, but I think it's more the sugar I dump into it.. How about a healthy but still tasty way to make them?

    ReplyDelete