Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

GEORGIE - Big fat piggy!!

When we started this blog I promised we'd be honest. So here we go again. Confession time. I have fallen off the good health wagon. AGAIN. This doesn't seem to happen to Zar or Rosie. It happens to me about 4 or 5 times a year - think Superbowl...
When it does the downward spiral happens pretty fast.

There are certainly triggers for me and this is a problem! Firstly, I have a new job starting in August. So until then, I am pretty much free to do what I choose and for some reason that = allowing myself to go to pot. Why do I do this? To add to the generally horizontally relaxed position about my employment situation, I then had the combination of a weeks indulgence when the Argentinean came over from the USA followed by a fall off a ladder which put me off games and onto crutches for 2 weeks. So what did I do? Did I cut down on my calories to combat my over indulgence and inactivity? Indeed I didn't. No, I took a 3 week holiday from being sensible and here I am on a Sunday night staring at what can only be described as a pot belly. Now I hate myself for giving me such a lot of work to do to get back to feeling good - oh - and today I booked a holiday which means wearing a bikini in 10 days time. Brilliant.

I know how amused some of you are by my overindulgences - so here we go - I ate out 6 days in a row the first week, including a 2am meal at Lebanese restaurant Maroush, numerous spoily cocktails at some of London's finest bars and naughty pastries for breakfasts. That was just while the Argie was here. After turning my ankle, I was ok for a few days, then a grump set in from being generally inactive, and I just couldn't shake it. Minstrels, biscuits and cookies, muffins, cake and more biscuits followed my healthy pre planned lunches and I literally opened my gullet and poured down litre after litre of wine in the evenings. That was finished off by a particularly unsatisfying trade fair where the local butcher on a stall near mine felt sorry for me and kept bringing me sausage butty after sausage butty until this morning I had to plead for mercy as I look like I am 6 months pregnant.

So starting in the morning its back to the drawing board for me. I am feeling tired, fat and sluggish and I am quite zitty too. I know I have over done the sugar which always brings up my yeast intolerance issue so now I'll have to go on a two week sugar fast to get kick start my poor digestive system which is currently drowning in candida fungi. Hoorah for me and my fat pig ways. Never mind, we all do it, and hey I have had quite a lot of fun getting temporarily porky. And I got to write a blog that I hope will make a few of you smile a little as you start your week with as many good intentions as I am about to re-adopt.

C'est la vie. No, actually c'est ma vie. Some of us just can't concentrate on being sensible for long period of times. I am the ultimate A.D.D health freak!! Ha ha!!

Have a good week all!!

Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment