Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

GEORGIE - Some wise words from afar!

In my absence - ( I am in a bikini on the beach) what shall I ask Rosie to post for me?


Well - I thought I would impart a few pearls of wisdom that I love. Sometimes when I need a little lift then a quick look on google under 'quotes' can lift my spirits a bit (gave me the courage to get in a bikini this week for a start). When I was job hunting in the middle of the coldest winter ever and miserable as hell these little words would help me a lot. Most of them come from Americans who tend to be more gushy then the Brits or the Aussies. If you can pile past the cheesiness of some of them they're great motivators!! In CT some of these were on my fridge in an attempt to stop the pig gene emerging!! A few of my favourites;

- "Start where you are with what you have. Make something of it and never be satisfied". - George Washington Carver

- "The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work." - Harry Golden

- "To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom." - Bertrand Russell

- "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be" David Viscott

- "You must do the thing you think you cannot do" Elenor Roosevelt

- "Your goals minus your doubts equals your reality" Ralph Marston

- "You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is" Ellen Degeneres



Hope at least one of these resonates with you. Ellen Degeneres's one made me laugh as those of you that know our Mummy Bing will know that one will resonate quite a lot with us 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment