Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

ZAR - Winter blues

I skyped Mum and Gega yesterday and felt terrible when they let me know that it was 8 degrees......in summer! Aahhhh.... Here I am struggling in 17 degrees of winter. The temperature doesn't worry me - I just stack more layers on but all I think about is food!! Banana bread, hot chips, brownies - fruit just doesn't cut it when it's colder!

One of the Sunday papers had an excellent article on avoiding gaining any extra padding this season - I should take note

Beware stretchy clothes
If you continue to wear the jeans and skirts that you normally do, you'll be immediately aware when they get tighter. Fitted clothes are as good a monitor of your body as the scales are. Continual monitoring is so important to keeping off lost weight.

Soupy soup soup
Inexpensive snd low in fat if you steer away from the creamy versions. Use fresh stock if you can. Add lentils and protein to make you feel fuller for longer. Make a big batch and freeze it so it's always there for a quick fix.

Spicy food
Great way to warm yourself up and fight winter bugs. If you're buying Asian or Indian takeaway, steer clear of creamy or oily dishes. Go for ones full of vegies. Or make my beef curry that I posted on March 19th. I have come to the conclusion that I need to eat more hot food in the evening - hot and sour soup, prawn sate etc.

Walk it off - at least...
As I tweeted a little while ago, I'm so glad I don't make morning exercise part of my routine. It is so easy in the winter to stay in bed in the morning and head straight home after work and then vegitate at the weekend. If you can walk somewhere - do it and commit to yourself to continuing your exercise regime or starting a new one.

Set a goal
My goal is not to put on weight over the winter. I know I need to get more specific. I will maintain 75kg by the time spring comes around. One of my customers told me about a "5 in 50" challenge (which I'll be writing about next week). Lose 5 kg's in 50 days or for me, I will maintain my weight over 50 days. If you don't hit your targets then you have to donate money to charity. Get a group of friends together and support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment