Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ZAR - healthy skin tips

I wouldn't say I was vain but I will do anything I can to keep myself looking good. This includes my skin. I try to stay out of the sun in terms of baking in it so I don't age prematurely, I cleanse and moisturise twice a day and I don't have to wear too much make-up. I also get to be in the fresh air much of the time.

I read the other day about foods that can help the health of your skin.

VITAMIN A
Milk, cheese, egg yolk, fish liver oils and foods rich in beta-carotene such as carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, apricots and mangoes.

VITAMIN C
Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons and mandarins as well as kiwifruit and berries.

ZINC
Lean meat, chicken, fish, dairy, legumes, wholegrain cereal and bread, pecans, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

ANTIOXIDANTS
Berries, green tea, red and orange fruit and vegetables.

HEALTHY FATS
Oily fish (salmon, trout, mackerel, sardines), cold-pressed flaxseed and olive oil, nuts, seeds and avocado.

Don't forget that drinking plenty of water, enough sleep and exercise will also give you healthier looking skin. It goes without saying that smoking and alcohol will age you as much as exposure to the sun will.

No comments:

Post a Comment