Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ROSIE - all the gear - but for WHAT price?!

This is just a short piece... and mainly inspired by my recent shopping trip! I used to have SO many exercise clothes when working full time as a personal trainer. Since I've only been part time in the last year or so, I have been steadily working my way through them until recently when I realised I was down to two tops and one pair of work out bottoms. Not enough!

So I headed into Reading with my son Jack (shopping is not something either of us enjoy...) and to the nearest sports retail outlet (which shall remain nameless for more than one reason!). Approximately 5 minutes later we left that one, empty handed. And the next shop, and the next... you get the pattern. No, not because I hate shopping and because I can't be bothered but because they are SO expensive! I'm not cheapskate and I appreciate quality is worth paying for but. But £24.99 for a skimpy top just because it happens to have a brand name on it? No, no, NO!!! So, after a fruitless hour and exhausting all the "sports shops", I headed to TK Maxx. Needless to say, £40 and 15 minutes later, I had various tops and bottoms which would do me for the next while!

Don't be fooled by labels. If you have the money and you LIKE your labels then fine, but if you're on a budget then they're simply not necessary. I am under a certain amount of pressure in that I actually teach the classes so can't rock up in an old pair of Green Flashes and my dad's t-shirt but you certainly CAN look good in the gym for less. Avoid the high street shops and think outside the box.

Just a quick note to end up though... if you're doing high impact activity (running/plyometrics/step/aerobics) then certainly don't skimp on your trainers. They're vital to avoid injury and you really need the support and cushioning that proper trainers provide. But get the right pair and if you're a moderate exerciser they should last you a decent amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment