Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Monday, September 6, 2010

ZAR - Reflections

On my bike ride last Sunday, I was reflecting alot on my body, fitness, diet etc over the last 2, 5, 10 even 20 years. At my monthly weigh in at WeightWatchers, I realised I'd been a lifetime member for 18 months (keeping the weight off) and been attending WW for over 2 years now.

Over the last 2 years, I've got myself into probably the best condition I've ever been in - there's probably a little bit of improvement I could make at the moment but overall I've never been happier or more comfortable with my body. I'm pretty fit, I exercise most days, my diet is good, I have at least 70% less cellulite than I did 5 years ago and I feel great.

It's a far cry from where I have been. Many people have had bigger hurdles to overcome but we all have our challenges personal to us. At 17, at school, I put on masses of weight and was such a sloth I was voted 'House Couch Potato'. At uni, I started smoking heavily, did not have an ideal diet and my idea of exercise was struggling through a hockey or rugby match and then knocking back 10's of pints. Delightful.

12 years ago, I was indulging in my favourite pastime of lounging around eating masses of chocolate and chips with the only exercise walking to the shops to get these supplies!

The turnaround came when I moved to Sydney 11 years ago. I began walking an hour a day, gave up smoking and was pretty active in my job. I was introduced to actual exercise by a friend who was a personal trainer. I did a group training on a Saturday morning and then started ocean swimming. In June 2008, I realised my size 16 jeans were getting tight and signed up with WW to lose the 10 kgs I'd put on.

After using Vision Personal Training and being given the knowledge about food I have now and also the passion for exercise I have, I'm in the best position I've been in my adult life.

We've all got a story or a "journey". What's yours'? Are you happy with where you are now or were you happier with yourself 5 years ago? Could you get back to that? Can you congratulate yourself for the work you've put in recently?
Whatever it is, enjoy it, learn from it, be inspired by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment