Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

GEORGIE - Hallelujah for this one!!

Take heart my curvy friends, it really is all in the figures.  I read an article lately about the hip to waist ratio and I am pleased to report I like what I saw so much I went and did a little research myself.
 
Despite the fact what follows come from the scientist who claims all men can multitask (when he says multi task he means perform a task while taking on the sight of a beautiful woman)  I like the latest research from New Zealand Anthropologist Barnaby Dixson.  He set out to find what makes women more attractive to men.  Put aside your great witty banter,  your clothes, smell  etc and let’s talk about shape.  Because what Dr Dixson found is that when curves well formed it’s a no brainer.
 
His study involved putting photographs of the female form in front of some willing volunteers and in each case altering the ratio between the hip and waist measurements.  What came back time after time was that women with a certain hip to waist ratio attract more male attention.  This surely must harp back to the Hunter Gatherer instinct for what makes a good child bearer and smaller waist means fit and healthy, while curvy hips means ‘will breed’ in Palaeolithic terms... and as an anthropologist I imagine that is what Dr Dixson is concerned with.
 
As a big hipped, little waisted lady, I agree.  Even when girls are teeny thing, a curve between the waist and the hip is what makes them attractive to me from a spectators point of  view and if, like me, you like to occasionally be told that you have the correct attributes, then this one could make your day...
 
The most popular hip to waist ratio is about 0.7  That means that if my hips were 100, my waist would be 70 in whatever unit I like. In my case, my hips measure about 38 inches or 96cm.  Child bearing they certainly are.  My waist is 27 inches (approx 68.5 cm) and according to the ratio set out by our friend above should be 26.6 inches (67.5). Room for improvement then – but you get the idea, I am about an inch of the perfect hourglass.
 
If you’re interested in working out your hip to waist ratio then measure your hips (widest point including buttocks – no cheating now and measuring on your hip bones if that isn’t your widest point) and find out what 70 percent of it is.
 
For me – 38 (inches) divided by 100 and x by 70 = 26.6 inches
 
La voila!! Hoorah.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment