Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

GEORGIE - Doing your 'daily bit' - try the 100's!!

A little thought for you on making a daily pledge. If you're not able to get to the gym daily, or exercise as regularly as you like, I got an idea from a friend of mine - she does what she calls her 'little bit' every day. A little bit of resistance training that needs no gym, no mat and no special clothing. She has made a little pledge on the days she doesn't get a chance to go down to the gym to just do what she calls 'something'. So I thought about what she said and decided that I might find myself a little big of something to do on the days I don't gym (or on the days when I cycle to work and feel like I could do with a little extra for a full body work out).

My old trainer used to set me task called the "100's". It's basically doing 5 different exercises 100 times. You can break these up into four circuits of 25 and they take about 10 minutes of your time which is nothing at all! You can even do your four different circuits of 25 each at different times of the day providing they add up to 100.

So - try this one. 25 sit-ups, 25 full squats (proper bum down - no cheating!) 25 press ups and 25 lunges. Repeated 4 times. You can vary the exercises that you do but I like this combination as it works the tum, the bum, the hamstrings and your arms and chest. Managing 100 lunges is quite a feat too! You can make it as easy or hard as you like by varying the type of sit up, using weights for squats and/or lunges and by working towards doing full press ups (never going to happen with me but hey, aim high). I've done it for a few days now and it's great!! I find it easiest to do while I am waiting for my bath to run in the evening but anytime will do. It's important to choose exercises that aren't too aerobic so don't make you sweat too much or the thought of doing your 100 might be too dreaded to bear.

Good luck and try this one out - let us know how you got on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment