Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Monday, March 1, 2010

ZAR - Get motivated!!

I could be the best or the worst person to chat about willpower and motivation......there is no halfway for me, I'm either really good or really bad.

Willpower is something you really have to work on if you are determined to change any bad eating habits you have. There are no magic solutions. Most of it is in your head - that's where the battle is won or lost.

Emotional eating is more than eating when you're sad. It could be so many things - happy, angry, celebratory, lonely, bored, rebellious. I notice self sabotage to be a major thing for me....just when I'm going well.

I've found, if I'm determined not to have something I shouldn't, one of 3 things works for me.

- Remembering how terrible I feel mentally and physically in the period immediately following.
- Remembering how hard I've worked to get this far.
- Remembering how empowered I feel if I resist.

This is basic hypnotherapy - it's all mental. I'm not going to pretend it's easy...none of it is.....it just depends how determined you are to be in control.

As far as motivation goes, if you're waiting for it to hit ("I'm just waiting to get some motivation" - we've all played that card?)......you'll be waiting a long time. There IS often a moment that hits and prompts us to actually do something about our weight and lifestyle but motivation is something we ourselves create by actually just doing it.

By waiting for the magical motivation, you are in denial of how hard this is to do. You have to grab the bull by the horns and get up and get going - everyday. You are the only one living your life and you choose how happy you are in it. You make the decision to be motivated or not. As you build momentum and develop a habit you become motivated. By how you feel. By how you look. From the positive comments you attract. And most importantly, by how you feel about yourself deep inside.

If you want control, you are the motivator - the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment