Bingham Girls!

Bingham Girls!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ZAR - H20

Blah, blah, blah...... OK, OK, I know we're a bit like a broken record sometimes but we really only talk about everything from our perspective and experience. Drinking water is one of things which has improved my health immeasurably. I find very often when I'm hungry, I'm really only thirsty. I try to drink at least 1.5l per day, 2l if I can.

I read of the first randomised controlled trial studying the link between water consumption and weight loss. The trial was conducted using a group of inactive Americans aged 55-75. Half of those involved were intsructed to drink half a litre of water before each of 3 daily meals and the remaining people were given no instructions. All of the the participants calorie intake was reduced to weight loss levels.

After 3 months, the group drinking water had lost an average of 7kg each while the other group had lost an average of 5kg. A follow-up 12 months later found that the water drinking group had continued with the habit and continued to lose weight or maintained the weight loss. The other group had put the weight back on again.

This tells me two things. That if you drink water before you eat, you'll feel full and be less likely to over stuff yourself with food. Also that drinking water makes you feel so much better. Weight loss and healthy living is so much about the general feeling that you have. If you feel good, you are more likely to continue to motivate yourself to do more (or as much) and feel even more great.

No comments:

Post a Comment